Sunshine Duration Sensor
Measures sunshine duration that exceeds the WMO-defined threshold of 120 W/m². It also measures direct solar radiation, meaning it can be used as a low-cost pyrheliometer.
- LPSD18.1: RS485 MODBUS-RTU output and volt-free contact output
- LPSD18.2: RS485 MODBUS-RTU output, analog voltage output 0…1 Vdc corresponding to 0-2,000 W/m²
- LPSD18.3: SDI-12 output and volt-free contact output.
For cold climates, these sensors can be ordered with an integrated heater to prevent the accumulation of ice and snow.
- Install once, with no position adjustments throughout the year.
- The angle of installation = the latitude of the install location.
- Point North or South depending on the hemisphere of the install location.