Portable Carbon Monoxide Meter with Alarm
Carbon monoxide (CO) is created by the combustion of carbon. Depending on how efficient the combustion is (oxygen supply) and the temperature of the combustion more or less CO gas is created. The gas is inflammable and highly toxic. It is invisible, tasteless and has no smell.
Even the smallest concentrations are dangerous for humans.
30ppm - Maximum allowed in the workplace for 8 hour work day
70 - 100ppm - Flue like symptoms appear.
150 - 300ppm - Medium exposure: Dizziness, fatigue, nausea.
400ppm - Extreme exposure: headache
800ppm - Extreme exposure: headache, dizziness, nausea and limb twitching after 45min, unconsciousness within 2h.
1600ppm - Extreme exposure: headache, dizziness, nausea within 45min, death after 2 hours
• Control of the air quality (e.g. at work place)
• Checking of heating systems, gas central-heating, fireplace
• Control of the air at maintenance work (tunnel, flue gas tract, ...)
• Detection of CO in the breath of smoker (% CO Hb)
• Cognition of CO poisoning i.e. at burnt offering (fire fighters, ...)
THIS DEVICE IS NOT TO BE USED AS A SOLE MONITORING DEVICE FOR PERSONNEL SAFETY
REFER TO THE SAFETY GUIDELINES IN THE USER MANUAL BELOW.